- 5 minutes
- 6-8 servings
- Plan for your Good Morning beverage by getting a few things ready the night before. This drink is best served cold, so put your Champagne or sparkling wine in the fridge.
- While you're at it, you need to make some simple syrup that needs time to cool. So, if you are thinking about your morning drink the night before, whip yourself up some minty simple syrup. It really is simple: Pour 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Let it come to a boil. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add a cup of fresh mint leaves and stir. Remove from heat and let it cool overnight with the mint leaves in the syrup.
- In the morning, remove the mint leaves from the syrup.
- In a large pitcher, add the orange juice, simple syrup, lemon, and lime zest and Champagne or sparkling wine. Stir. Now, it's time for fruit. Add lemon, lime, and orange slices. Garnish pitcher with a few sprigs of mint.
- Add some crushed ice to the glasses and pour the mimosa sangria over the ice. Garnish with a mint sprig and twirl of orange peel.