- 20 minutes
- 35-40 minutes
- 6-8 cakes
Keep everyone coming back for more at your Halloween party with these spooky mini ghost cakes covered in a hauntingly delicious sheet of vanilla frosting.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease mini Bundt or Wilton mini wondermold pan, dust with flour and shake out the excess.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt and add to the wet ingredients. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves to the mixture. Mix thoroughly and scoop into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes, or until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean. Let the cakes cool completely. Place on individual plates. Spread with a layer of cream cheese frosting. The icing does not need to be perfect, as you will be covering them with rolled fondant.
- Knead the fondant. Then roll out on a lightly dusted work surface with powdered sugar. Roll the fondant fairly thin, about 1/8-inch thick. Use a plate to guide you, cut out circles about 6-7-inches in diameter.
- Stretch slightly with your hands if needed and drape over the frosted cakes. Make ripples like a ghost using your fingers. Paint on ghost faces with edible black gel. Serve and enjoy.