- 5 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
- 4 - 6
Learn how to make donuts at home by using pancake mix and a mini donut pan. Then, cover these homemade donuts in a vanilla glaze and topping of choice!
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Whisk flour, sugar, light brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add egg, melted butter, milk, and vanilla. Whisk to combine
- Spray a 6-well doughnut pan with baking spray, and place the doughnut pan on a baking sheet. Set aside
- Spoon doughnut batter into a large zip-top bag, and snip off one of the bottom corners. Pipe the dough into the doughnut wells, filling about ¾ full. (Or carefully spoon the batter into the doughnut wells!)
- Bake the doughnuts at 350 F for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven, and allow to rest for five minutes.
- Transfer doughnuts to wire baking racks to cool.
- While doughnuts are cooling, mix powdered sugar, vanilla, salt, and heavy cream in a bowl. Whisk until smooth and creamy. (Add a touch more of heavy cream if the glaze is too thick.)
- Spread the vanilla glaze over each doughnut, and top with desired toppings!
- Serve immediately.