- 15 minutes
- 15 minutes
- Makes 12 mini pies
Absolutely adorable and oh-so-yummy, these mini Key lime pies are a true delight when enjoyed with a coconut macaroon crust.
- To create the crust, whisk together the egg white, the condensed milk, and the vanilla in a bowl.
- Add the salt and the coconut and stir until the coconut is well covered.
- Fill a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake liners and press the coconut mixture into each one. You'll want to fill the bottom of each liner as well as up the sides of the liner. Press the coconut mixture in firmly to create a crust, leaving enough room in the center to hold the key lime filling. (It's harder to do this in the cupcake liners than in the muffin tin itself, but it's important to use the liners because the crust will stick to the tin otherwise.)
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and whisk lightly. Add the condensed milk, the lime juice, and the lime zest. Mix until smooth.
- Fill each coconut crust about ¾ of the way up with the lime filling.
- You'll want to place a cover of aluminum foil over the muffin tin as they bake, but make it a loose cover.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil. If the crusts are not yet golden brown, bake for another minute or two without the aluminum foil. Let the pies cool and then refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
- Garnish with the reserved leftover zest.