- 50 Minutes
- 20 Minutes
- Makes 12 Moon Pies
Homemade moon pie cookies are a decadent treat that combine a chocolate coating, marshmallow filling, and graham cracker cookie dough. Get the recipe!
- Combine flour, baking powder, and cinnamon, stir and set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and water, beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, beating continuously until all is combined.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon cookie coating in small bowl.
- Roll dough into 24, 1-inch balls, roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake 12 at a time on a baking sheet for 11 minutes.
- When cookies are done, place on cooling rack until they reach room temperature.
- Add 1 tablespoon marshmallow crème to 12 cookies and place a second on top to make a sandwich.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- While cookies are in the freezer, break up chocolate bars and place in double boiler, stirring continuously until melted. Take off heat and stir in coconut oil. Let the chocolate cool slightly.
- Take cookies out of freezer. Dip in chocolate, coating the sandwich completely. Use forks to help get it out.
- Place on wax paper until completely cooled.