- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
These bite-size squares pack in a whole lot of flavor with caramelized onions, baby Bella mushrooms and sweet apples on top of puff pastries covered in melted cheddar cheese.
- In a large pan, heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Add the onions, mushrooms, and apples. Cook until the onions are translucent and apples have softened.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat to cool slightly.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough on a lightly floured work surface. Use a sharp knife to cut into small squares (about 3-inches). Place those squares of pastry onto a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Gently brush each square of pastry with egg wash and spoon a helping of sauteed onions, mushrooms, and apples. Sprinkle with a little shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Or until the puff pastry is nicely browned and puffed up. Serve immediately. (You can prep these ahead of time by popping them in the freezer and bake directly from the freezer to save time.)