- 20 minutes
- 4 hours
- 12 to 14
- Begin by scoring the ham's fat with a knife (no more than about ½-inch deep) with crisscross diagonal lines.
- Place the ham in a large roasting pan (flat-side down), add the 1 cup of apple juice to the pan.
- Completely cover the ham with aluminum foil to make a "tent" over the roasting pan.
- Bake in a 325-degree oven for approximately 2 hours, then remove the aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, yellow mustard, maple syrup, and the ¼ cup of apple juice. Generously apply the mixture all over the top and sides of the ham. Return the ham to the oven and continue cooking.
- Baste the ham every half hour with the juices; cook until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. (Total cook time is approximately 20 minutes per pound.)