- 1 hour
- 3 hours
Carrot halwa recipe â popularly known as gajar ka halwa makes its presence in most special occasions like festivals, celebrations and parties. It is one of the classic Indian sweets that would not fail to impress anyone. There are a few different ways of making this â a traditional method using whole milk, a rich version using khoya and then a quick method using condensed milk.
- Dry roast nuts on a low heat until crunchy. Set aside to cool and chop them.
- Next bring milk to a boil in a heavy bottom pot or deep pan. Add grated carrots and begin to stir. Cook until the milk has completely evaporated.
- Add sugar and stir. Sugar would release lot of moisture.
- Cook until half the moisture evaporates.
- Add ghee and stir well.
- Continue to cook until the moisture evaporates and the halwa thickens. If you like you can add grated khoya at this stage. Stir and cook for just 2 to 3 mins.
- Garnish carrot halwa with nuts. Serve Warm or chilled.