- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 5 to 7 pancakes
Nothing says love on Valentine's Day than Nutella in the morning. Start your romantic day with these decant pancakes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spread 1½ to 2 tablespoons of Nutella onto the tray in a disc shape (about 2" wide / ½ cm thick.
- Repeat until Nutella is gone.
- Place the tray in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours or until Nutella is firm. Keep chilled until pancakes are ready to be cooked.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar into a large bowl.
- Combine the extract, egg, and milk in another bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Remove nutella disks from freezer.
- Spray a skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat to medium high.
- Pour first layer of pancakes into the griddle and quickly add the nutella disk. Cover with additional pancake mix.
- Flip and cook the opposite side of the pancake. Continue until all of the nutella disks are gone.
- OPTIONAL: Top with confectioner's sugar and serve with strawberries.