- 15 Minutes
- 40 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix the sliced russet potatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the butter to the hot skillet and melt over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and cook for 10-15 minutes or until browned. Add the beer and chopped thyme and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the beer is reduced. Add the sausage to the skillet and combine.
- Arrange the potato slices in an even layer on a serving platter and top with the onion and sausage mixture to form individual stacks. Top with the sauerkraut and sprinkle with the extra chopped thyme. Serve immediately.
Recipe Tip: Russet potatoes work best for this recipe as they are sturdy and will hold the toppings.