- 15 Minutes
- 20 Minutes
- 4 - 6
Looking for an old-fashioned pizza recipe? Old forge-style tomato pie pizza from Pennsylvania can be made in your own kitchen. Thick crust too!
- On a greased baking sheet, press out the pizza dough until it’s approximately 8x12 inches (fold over the outer edge a bit to create a thicker perimeter to hold the ingredients).
- Poke the bottom of the pizza dough a few times with a fork and place in a 400-degree oven for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Place the sliced tomatoes in a bowl and lightly crush them, then drain off the liquid. Spread the tomatoes all over the surface of the pizza crust.
- Add a layer of onions over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over the onions and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, the Parmesan, and half the mozzarella cheese. Spread/drop the cheese mixture on top of the onions and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella over the top and return to the oven to bake for another 6 to 10 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese is melted.