- 15 Minutes
- 30 Minutes
- Makes 6 servings
Never heard of spoon bread? This southern bread is gluten-free and many make it over the holidays, though it can be made any time. Try baking it today!
- Place a 9-inch pie pan in the oven and pre-heat to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal and the salt. Add the boiling water and stir well.
- Let the mixture cool for about 5 minutes, then add the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Add the milk, then stir in the baking powder and honey.
- Carefully remove the pre-warmed pie pan from the oven and butter the pan.
- Fill the pan with the cornmeal mixture and then bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with additional honey, if desired.