- 15 Minutes
- 40 Minutes
This one-pan dinner is ideal for family dinner or a casual fall get-together with friends. Serve with bread or mashed potatoes to soak up every delicious bite!
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp in a large skillet, remove from pan and keep drippings in the skillet.
- Place chicken skin side down, fry 10 minutes or until browned (turning once) and remove from skillet.
- Cook apples in the skillet for 4 minutes or until browned on both sides, remove from skillet, drain the drippings from the skillet and throw away.
- Mix together cider, thyme, mustard, and salt in the skillet. While mixing together, scrape up any browned bits. Bring to boiling, lower heat, add the chicken back in to the skillet, cover and simmer 10 minutes. Mix in Brussels sprouts, cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Lastly, add in the apples and cook uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes more or until chicken is completely cooked through (at least 175 degrees F).
- Plate each chicken thigh with even amounts of Brussels sprouts and apples. Spoon cider mixture over top, sprinkle each chicken thigh with bacon, serve and enjoy!