- 35 minutes
- 28 minutes
Switch things up this Thanksgiving with a one-pan roasted chicken, coated in a sweet marinade and topped with roasted cranberries and fresh herbs.
- Clean the chicken then put it in a baking dish. Place to the side.
- Use a food processor or blender to mix together all the ingredients for the marinade until liquefied and smooth.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken thighs, coating evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hrs.
- Once the marinade has settled, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the extra 1/2 cup cranberries, thyme, and Italian herbs evenly across the chicken dish.
- Bake skin side down first for 22 minutes.
- While it is baking, mix 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Remove and turn skin side up. Then coat each chicken skin with the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar mix.
- Add more seasoning (like dried herbs, salt, pepper) to the top if desired.
- Broil until the skin is crispy and chicken is cooked evenly inside (roughly 5 minutes). If using boneless chicken, total cook time will be roughly 35 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce from the pan onto each piece of chicken along with a dash of black pepper.
- Serve with the roasted cranberries on top and any extra fresh herbs desired.