- 15 minutes
- 10 minutes
An easy meal that goes great by it's self or with sides.
- Slice the chicken breast into strips and boil them in a pot. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Boil until tender and done.
- Remove the chicken from the water and let sit in a bowl until cool. Dice the cooked chicken. Place the chicken back in the bowl and add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, some salt and pepper (to taste). Mix together. You should only use enough Mayo to bind the mixture. Do not make it too runny.
- Drain the marinated artichokes and chop them up. Gently combine them with the chicken mixture.
- Slice the olives to yield 3 slices per olive. On a cookie sheet or shallow sheet pan, place the chicken & artichoke mixture (good portions) on the slices of Texas Toast. Place about 4 to 5 sliced olives on top of the mixture of each piece of toast. Cover with the Shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees
- Place on the middle rack in the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown on the edges. You are ready to serve.
- This is the basic recipe but I have added herbs to the mixture (such as Oregano, Thyme, or Rosemary - not all in the same meal) and it has resulted in a totally different tasting dish. All very good! This dish goes well with a small tossed salad. Can replace chicken with tuna--