- 15 minutes
- 18 minutes
A good book, a cup of tea, a sunshiny spot on the front porch, and an orange pecan sconeâ this recipe will help fulfill your blissful summer daydreams.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange zest.
- Work in the butter using a pastry cutter. Continue until the consistency is crumbly.
- Add the buttermilk and the pecans, mix thoroughly. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and use your hands to flatten the dough until itâs 8 to 9 inches in diameter. Place the dough on a baking sheet and cut into the desired number of pieces; this recipe makes 8 large scones. Separate the pieces by about an inch to keep them apart during the baking process.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for approximately 18 minutesâkeep an eye on them.
- To prepare the glaze, combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon orange zest, and 1 tablespoon orange juice in a small bowl. Drizzle the glaze over the top of each scone.