- 15 minutes
- 6-8 minutes
Your kids will be begging for coal this Christmas, thanks to these Oreo coal bites, made with melted marshmallow, chocolate chips and Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Use a food processor to grind Oreo cookies into crumbs.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low to medium heat. Add the Marshmallows and melt. Stir the mixture occasionally with a wooden spoon to prevent burning.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Once the marshmallows are melted and smooth. Turn the heat off and add the Rice Krispies cereal and Oreo cookie crumbs. Stir quickly with a rubber spatula to coat everything evenly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press down.
- Once set, cut into squares. Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler. Dip squares into the melted chocolate, set on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle each piece with Oreo crumbs. Let the chocolate set completely before serving. Store in an airtight container.