- 20 minutes
- 1.5 hours
- Trim away all excess fat.
- Cube the meat into 1-inch pieces.
Combine the lamb, undrained tomatoes, 3/4 cup water, wine, garlic, all the vegetables and the salt and pepper in a large covered ovenproof pot.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 75-90 minutes. Cooking is complete when the lamb feels tender when pierced with a fork.
- In the meantime mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and add to the stew. Stir until the mix is dissolved and the stew has thickened.
- Spoon the stew into a bowl and top with a dollop of yogurt.