- 10 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 6 approx.
The original recipe was made with two pounds of ground beef, but I substituted ground turkey for half of the beef and it works very well. This meat loaf is good for dinner or lunch as well as sandwiches. It is good hot or cold.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put ground beef and turkey in large bowl. Sprinkle onion soup mix over meats. In a two cup bowl/container beat the egg and sauces together until well blended.
- Put bread in microwave for 30 seconds on high. Flip it over and microwave for 30 seconds more. Set bread aside to cool.
- Crumble cooled bread over meat mixture. It should resemble fine bread crumbs.
- With hands, smoosh together meat mixture. Pour sauce mixture over meat mixture and smoosh until it sticks together.
- Place into a loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes. Cool for at least five minutes before serving.