- 2 hours
- 1 hour
- Makes 40 cake pops
Celebrate Memorial Day with this festive red, white, and blue cake pop flag. Use your favorite cake mix to make these delicious bite size treats.
- Place pieces of the baked cake in a large bowl and crush them into crumbs.
- Add the frosting to the bowl of cake crumbs and stir well to thoroughly combine.
- Create forty small balls (1¼ to 1½-inch) of the cake/frosting mixture and place them on a lined baking sheet. Freeze until set.
- Melt the blue candy melts according to package directions.
- Drop a cake pop into the blue candy melts and spoon the melted candy over the cake pop until it';s completely covered. Scoop out the cake pop using a fork, and tap off the excess candy melts. Sprinkle silver pearlized sugar sprinkles over the cake pop.
- Repeat for a total of 12 blue cake pops.
- Melt the red candy melts according to package directions and create 16 red cake pops as described above. Sprinkle red sugar crystals over each red cake pop.
- Melt the white candy melts according to package directions and create 12 white cake pops as described above.
- Create the effect of an American flag by arranging the cake pops on a serving tray in this order: Row 1: 4 blue pops, 4 red pops Row 2: 4 blue pops, 4 white pops Row 3: 4 blue pops, 4 red pops Row 4: 8 white pops Row 5: 8 red pops
- Row 1: 4 blue pops, 4 red pops
- Row 2: 4 blue pops, 4 white pops
- Row 3: 4 blue pops, 4 red pops
- Row 4: 8 white pops
- Row 5: 8 red pops
- Serve and enjoy!