- 5 Minutes
- 15 Minutes
Want some creative sandwich recipes to try with your kids? They'll have fun making and eating this sweet PB&J and cereal sandwich. It tastes like childhood!
- Pour cereal into a large, zip-top baggie. Seal the bag shut, removing as much air as possible.
- Use a rolling pin to roll onto the cereal, crushing it into very small pieces. Pour crushed cereal onto a large plate, and set aside.
- Pour milk into a large, shallow bowl. Set near the cereal.
- Spread peanut butter onto four slices of bread. Spread jelly onto the other four slices. Put the peanut butter and jelly sides of the bread together, forming four sandwiches.
- Dip one of the sandwiches into the milk, coating both sides in milk. Press the milk-soaked sides into the crushed cereal.
- In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Cook the first sandwich in the butter about 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown and crunchy.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches, using one tablespoon of butter per sandwich.
- Slice in half and serve warm!