- 20 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 24 cookies
These sweet treats are a nutty twist on a traditional sugar cookie. Whip up a batch with homemade icing and share them with someone you love.
- Using a mixer, cream the peanut butter and sugar on medium-high speed. When the two are thoroughly integrated, add in the eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla and mix on medium.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt and baking powder, then carefully add dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix until combined. If dough is too dry, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until a thick dough has formed.
- Roll dough into a ball and refrigerate for an hour.
- When dough is chilled, split the ball in half and roll it out until it is approximately 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the desired shapes, then repeat the process with the second ball of dough.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- For the icing, whip the butter, shortening, confectioner’s sugar, ½ teaspoon vanilla and 1-2 tablespoons of milk using the mixer. Remove half the icing and place it in another bowl if you desire more than one color. Drop 2-3 drops of food coloring in the remaining icing and mix until color is thoroughly integrated.
- When the cookies have cooled, decorate using a spatula or piping bag. Add sprinkles, if desired, and enjoy.