- 30 minutes
- 2 hours
- Makes 24-28 footballs
Super cute peanut butter footballs will be a hit at your football party. Not only are they adorable, they are absolutely delicious!
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Form into small balls, about 1-inch or so. Then shape into small footballs. Set on a parchment lined half sheet pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. (or even outside if it's cold weather) This will firm up the footballs.
- In a double boiler, over low heat, melt together the chocolate chips, butter and heavy cream. (be extremely careful not to get any steam or water in the chocolate, or it will seize) Once the mixture starts to melt, turn the heat off. Add a little more heavy cream if needed. Stir with a spoon or rubber spatula until the mixture is smooth.
- Use a fork to hold the peanut butter footballs and gently dip into chocolate. Letting the excess chocolate dip through. Use a toothpick to help gently wipe off any excess chocolate from the bottom of the fork, and easily slide it onto the parchment lined sheet pan to dry. Let dry thoroughly. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to cool.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler, over low heat. Once it starts to melt, turn the heat off. Pipe football laces with melted white chocolate. Place it into a small Ziploc bag, cut a very small corner off with scissors. Twist the bag and pipe the lines with white chocolate.
- They will last for several days, so you can make ahead of time. Place in the fridge until you are ready to serve.