- 20 minutes
- 12-14 minutes
- 24-30 cookies
Indulge in soft, and doughy cookies filled with a creamy peanut butter inside and topped with sugar for an extra sweet finish that the whole family will adore.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Scoop into small balls (about 1 1/2") and place on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Freeze until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, using either an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the peanut butter, butter, and sugars until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and combine. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl occasionally using a rubber spatula.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the cookie dough and flatten into a circle in your hand. Place the frozen peanut butter ball on top. Bring the edges of the dough around the peanut butter ball and pinch the edges together to seal, adding more dough if necessary to cover the frozen peanut butter completely.
- Roll stuffed cookie dough ball in sugar and place on half sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all dough is used, spacing the cookies evenly apart. Usually 4 rows of 3 cookies.
- Bake until the cookies are golden on the bottom, about 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Dust the tops with sugar for an extra sweet finish just before serving.