- 20 minutes
- 1 hour
- Place the melted butter in a large 9-inch deep dish pie pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt, then add in the cream, ¼ cup water, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pie pan and spread it out.
- In a bowl, combine the 1 cup sugar, the ¼ cup cocoa powder, the chopped pecans, and the chocolate chips. Place this mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Pour the boiling water over the surface. Don’t stir!
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for about an hour (check it frequently after 45 minutes, you want the top to be firm and slightly crispy).
- Remove from the oven and toss a handful of chocolate chips on top.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, place the cream and the powdered sugar and mix on medium until it reaches stiff peaks. Add the caramel syrup and stir in lightly.
- Serve the whipped cream on top of the warm cobbler.