- 8 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Makes 6
Serve these mushrooms as a side dish with beef or chicken. Or enjoy them as an appetizer. For impressive presentation, use large mushrooms and plan for just one per guest.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Finely chop the stems to yield 1/2 cup and set aside (discard the remainder). Lightly brush the mushroom caps with oil. Place the caps, rounded-side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Set aside.
- To make the stuffing, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the mushroom stems and garlic. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms and onion are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in all the stuffing remaining ingredients, except the paprika. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- To serve, fill the mushroom caps with the stuffing and sprinkle with paprika. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the stuffing is heated through and lightly browned.