- 20 minutes
- 11-12 minutes
- 24-30 cookies
Indulge in these warm chocolate cookies covered in a cream cheese frosting and crushed peppermint candies.
- Microwave the unsweetened chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips with the butter, 30 seconds at a time, until melted (about 1 minute). Stir with a spoon to combine. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, coffee, eggs, salt, and vanilla with a whisk or rubber spatula. Once the chocolate and butter mixture is cool, mix into the egg mixture. Add the flour and baking powder and combine. (This will be a wet dough)
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Scoop cookie dough out by the tablespoonful and roll into rounds. Place on half sheet pans lined with parchment paper. Place evenly, as cookies will spread.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 11-12 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake. They will look slightly under baked, but will set up nicely once removed from the oven. Let cool completely on a baking rack.
- Use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer to beat the frosting ingredients together. Add a little milk at a time, until you get the consistency you desire.
- Spread frosting on each cookie and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container.