- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- makes 4 cakes
- In a saucepan, melt together the butter and the chocolate morsels, stirring constantly over medium-low heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, the powdered sugar, the salt, and peppermint extract. Add the chocolate mixture and the flour. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the 4 ramekins (fill each one about ¾ full).
- Place the 4 ramekins on a baking sheet and bake in a 425-degree oven for about 13 minutes.
- Watch these closely; you want the edges to be firmly set but the middles will still be somewhat soft. A thermometer should read about 160 degrees Fahrenheit before you remove from the oven. It’s easy to overcook these but they’ll still taste delicious even if you do.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to sit for a few minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each ramekin and invert onto dessert plates. Top with whipped cream, fresh mint leaves, and crushed peppermint candies.