- 2 hours
- 20 minutes
- Makes about 30 patties
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the powdered sugar, the butter, the peppermint extract, and the cream until well combined. Continue beating until it’s light and creamy—the mixture shouldn’t be sticky. If it’s sticky, add a bit more powdered sugar.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl and shape it into a long log, approximately 1 ½ inches in diameter.
- Wrap the peppermint log in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- While the log chills, melt the chocolate melting wafers according to the directions on the package.
- Remove the peppermint log from the plastic wrap and slice it up, making the slices approximately ¼- to 3/8-inch thick.
- Place a peppermint patty on the end of a fork and dip it in the melted chocolate until it’s thoroughly coated.
- Work quickly and gently as the patties can bend easily. Tap off the excess chocolate and place the peppermint patty on parchment paper to cool and set. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- Store in the refrigerator as this keeps the peppermint patties crisp, cool, and perfect!