- 20 Minutes
- 30 Minutes
- Makes 12 to 15 Servings.
Put your cast iron skillet to use with our recipe for Skillet Pepperoni Pizza Dip. This is a warm and cheesy appetizer for game day! Get the recipe.
- Lightly grease a cast iron skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, red pepper flakes, pepper, dried parsley, and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Coat each frozen dinner roll with the butter mixture and place them around the edge of the skillet to form a ring. Cover with a kitchen towel for about 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese, the mayonnaise, the salt, the pepper, the garlic powder, the Italian seasoning, the diced onion, the diced peppers, and the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the mozzarella (reserve 2 ounces or half a cup) and stir thoroughly.
- Place half of the cheese mixture in the center of the skillet and spread it out to meet the rolls.
- Place the pizza sauce over the cheese mixture and spread it out.
- Add the rest of the cheese mixture over the pizza sauce and spread it out.
- Sprinkle the reserved mozzarella on top and add the pepperoni slices.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes—watch the rolls so they don’t get over-browned, you may need to cover with foil if needed.
- Before serving, top with additional Parmesan or dried parsley if desired.