- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 6-8 servings
- Cut the top off your 2nd pumpkin, about 2-3 inches from the stem to create a lid. Set to the side. Hollow out the pumpkin by scooping out the seeds and some of the flesh. Set pumpkin to the side, we will serve the soup in this!
- In a heavy bottomed pot, over medium high heat, heat the olive oil and the butter.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic and the leeks and cook for about 5 minutes or until the leeks have softened
- Add the paprika and curry and let it sweat for a minute or two
- Add the chopped pumpkin, the herbs and the broth.
- Once the broth starts boiling, lower the heat to medium, cover the pot and let it cook for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is fork tender.
- Remove the herbs (rosemary, thyme, bay leaves)
- Using an immersion blender (or doing it in batches in a regular blender), blend the soup until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream and let it cook for another 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve into a hollowed out pumpkin and top with toasted pumpkin seeds and black pepper.