- 10 Minutes
Easy vanilla ice cream can be made at home. Learn how to churn ice cream this summer for a classic Pennsylvania dessert that'll help you beat the heat!
- Place a 9x13 glass baking dish in the freezer until frosted and very cold.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir thoroughly until sugar is completely dissolved into the liquids.
- Pour into the frozen baking dish, and freeze until the edges are frozen, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the freezer, and use a hand mixer to mix the frozen edges into the softer centers until smooth and creamy.
- Place the dish back into the freezer, and allow to freeze for another 2-3 hours, stirring with the electric mixer every 30 minutes.
- Once the ice cream is creamy and solid, serve immediately with your favorite toppings!