- 20 minutes
- 20 minutes
Simply delicious. A national favorite meets an American classic. This Philly mac & cheese will wow guests, please your family, and have your taste buds begging for more.
- Prepare your macaroni according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet and saute the vegetables for 7 minutes. Add steak.
Cook over medium-high heat until meat is brown and vegetables are tender, stirring often.
- Set the meat/veggies aside. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter and milk to a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted.
- Whisk in the flour, dry mustard, salt and pepper, 1 package sliced pepper jack cheese (torn into chunks) and cream cheese. Stir until smooth and thickened.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the macaroni and stir to mix it. Add the vegetable/meat mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Transfer half of the the macaroni/vegetable/meat mixture to a 9x13 baking dish. Top with sliced pepper-jack cheese (about 5 slices) and sprinkle with a handful of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Add remaining macaroni mixture and top with the remaining cheeses. Cover with tin foil and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove tin foil and broil for 5 minutes or until the top is brown and bubbly.