- 15 minutes
- 15 Minutes
- Makes 32 pull-apart pieces
While Christmas dinner is in the oven, keep your family’s cravings at bay with this festive starter featuring the classic appetizer, pigs-in-a-blanket! But there are a couple of things that make this recipe unique for the holiday season. For starters, it’s shaped like a Christmas wreath! It also has a tasty dipping sauce made with brown sugar, Dijon mustard and cranberry sauce. So, put the ketchup aside for the holiday and enjoy this festively delicious twist that will quickly become a new food tradition for your family.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 10-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut each triangle of crescent roll dough in half to make 32 pieces of dough. Wrap each smoked sausage in a piece of crescent roll dough and place in the prepared pan, standing on end to create a ring. Brush the dough with the beaten egg and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cranberry sauce, Dijon mustard and brown sugar until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Transfer the pigs-in-a-blanket wreath to a serving platter and place a bowl of the cranberry mustard dipping sauce in the middle of the wreath. Serve immediately.