- 15 Minutes
- 40 minutes (plus cooling time)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray nine 8-ounce Mason jars with nonstick cooking spray and arrange them on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed for 3-4 minutes or until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix in the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, in three parts, alternate adding the dry ingredients with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Evenly divide the batter between the Mason jars. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool while preparing the pineapple layer.
- Chop the pineapple into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the pineapple, brown sugar and salt and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Evenly divide the pineapple mixture between the Mason jars.
- Add a swirl of whipped cream on top of the pineapple, and top with a maraschino cherry. Serve immediately.
Recipe Tip: If not serving immediately, prepare the pineapple topping as directed and refrigerate until ready to serve. Top the cakes with the pineapple topping, whipped cream and a cherry just before serving."