- 30 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 18 cookies
Simple sugar cookies get a splash of flavor with champagne in both the cookies and the icing. Add edible pearls or sprinkles on top for a festive touch to your holiday dessert.
- Start by reducing the champagne. Pour 2 ½ cups into a pot and bring to a boil, reducing heat to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Cream the sugar in the margarine using a mixer, then add the vanilla and ½ cup of the reduced champagne.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients with the mixer on low and when a soft batter is formed, scoop into uniform balls and arrange on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Flatten the balls slightly with your palm, then place in a 350-degree over for 10 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, combine the powdered sugar, ¼ cup of the reduced champagne, and another pinch of salt in a mixing bowl and whip until icing is smooth.
- When the cookies have finished baking, allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes before icing. Drizzle icing on top or dip the tops of the cookies in the icing for different decorative looks. If desired, sprinkle edible pearls or other festive sprinkles on top. Serve at your next holiday gathering and prepare to dazzle.