- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
Get ready to combine two family-favorite Italian dishes – pizza and pasta with this Pizza Mac and Cheese recipe! Mac and cheese is tasty on its own, but with slices of pepperoni on top, you can take this pasta side dish and turn it into an entrée the whole family will love. Serve with classic pizza shop toppings like dried oregano, Parmesan, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and fresh basil and enjoy with a fresh side salad. You can also choose to add some fresh diced tomatoes, onion and red bell pepper for a complete meal.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook the elbow macaroni as directed on package, al dente.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add flour and whisk, cooking for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk, salt, pepper and tomato paste. Cook until the mixture thickens, which should take about 3 minutes.
- Add mozzarella and cheddar cheese, continuing to whisk until fully melted. Transfer cooked macaroni to a greased 13x9 glass baking dish. Pour cheese over the macaroni and fold in until combined.
- Top with pepperoni and bake for 20 minutes, or until pepperoni is crispy around the edges.
- Serve as is or with “pizza shop” condiments like oregano, Parmesan, red pepper flakes and garlic powder.