- 5 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper, set aside.
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shallots and cook until translucent, about five minutes.
- Add salmon filets, skin side down into butter and shallots. Add rosemary sprigs along with wine or stock, and water, adjusting amounts if necessary until salmon is 2/3 covered with liquid.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a low simmer and cover tightly for five minutes. Remove cover and add white beans and kale, stirring gently to combine.
- Cover and simmer an additional five minutes, or until salmon fillets are opaque throughout and kale is fully wilted.
- Remove salmon and rosemary, and increase heat to medium. Reduce sauce by 1/3, about 10 minutes.
- Serve salmon fillets atop kale and bean mixture with a drizzle of poaching liquid and fresh lemon.