- 10 minutes
- 2 hours
A simple and satisfying entrée! It' s hearty, filling, and impressive.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Place the roast, fat-side up, in a shallow roasting pan.
- Generously brush the oil mixture over the roast.
- Add approximately ½ inch of chicken broth to the bottom of the pan. Arrange the sliced onion rings around the roast.
- Bake in a 450-degree oven for 20 minutes, uncovered, then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue to cook the roast until the internal temperature reaches a minimum of 145 degrees Fahrenheit (this takes at least 20 minutes per pound; use a meat thermometer to be sure.) When the roast is done, let it rest for at least three minutes before carving or consuming. Transfer to a serving dish and carve after the three minutes are up.