- 15 minutes
- 1 hour
This pork dinner is easy to make and full of flavor with pieces of pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon and topped with warm balsamic strawberries.
- Spray a roasting pan with cooking spray, then line the bottom with the sliced onions (this creates a rack to set the pork on).
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Working from one end of the pork to the other, wrap the slices of bacon around the pork tenderloin, tucking the ends of the bacon under the pork. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place the pork in the roasting pan and roast in a 425-degree F oven for approximately 50 to 55 minutes (make sure a meat thermometer reaches an internal temperature of at least 150 degrees Fahrenheit).
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the balsamic strawberries.
- Place the vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes to reduce the vinegar.
- Add the garlic powder and the strawberry preserves and stir them in; remove from heat.
- Set aside half of the strawberry mixture. Approximately 15 minutes before your pork is done cooking, take the other half of the balsamic strawberries and pour them over the pork. Return the pork to the oven to finish cooking.
- To the reserved half of the balsamic strawberry mixture, add the fresh strawberries and return to the stove-top to warm the strawberries. Serve with the cooked pork.