- 5 Minutes
- 25 Minutes
Meatless meals never tasted so good! Vegans & vegetarians rejoice when they try this portobello pot roast recipe. Give it a try for dinner tonight!
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat, when it starts to shimmer, add in onions. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes or until onions become translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add n the sliced portabellas and salt and sauté for 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms have softened, stirring frequently.
- Add the sage and garlic powder to the pot and stir contents.
- Pour in the broth and add the carrots, potatoes, bay leaf, thyme, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and cornstarch mixture (add more cornstarch to the cold water if you want a thicker consistency).
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook 15 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with fresh parsley or alongside biscuits or roasted potatoes.