- 10 minutes
- 35 minutes
- Chop the onions then peel and cut potatoes into cubes. Set aside.
- Remove stems from the leeks then wash them, being careful to remove all the grit and dirt. Cut and separate the rings to make sure no dirt remains.
- Once clean, chop leeks into thick pieces.
- In a medium pot melt butter on low heat. Add flour slowly and stir with a wooden spoon to ensure it does not clump.
- Once fully mixed and thickened, add chicken stock, leeks, onion, potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Cover your soup and let it simmer on a low heat for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Blend the soup in an immersion blender, adding the milk, salt and pepper while blending.
- Once fully smooth, plate and serve.