- 25 minutes
- 2.5-3.5 hours
You'll love this tender ham with a glistening champagne glaze. It slices to perfection and it's easy to make with just a few ingredients and a fully cooked ham.
- Remove ham from all packaging, and place onto a rack inside a roasting pan. Pour 3/4 cup of water into the bottom of the pan, and cover the pan tightly with foil. If you don’t have a rack, omit the water and place the ham inside the pan alone.
- Cook according to directions on ham, about 15 minutes per pound at 325 degrees. Place the foil wrapped roasting dish into the oven, and when there is one hour remaining in the cooking time, start to make the glaze.
- In a medium sauce pan, add brown sugar, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, ginger, sage, and smoked paprika. Stir to combine. Slowly add the prosecco, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Turn the heat down to low, and allow the glaze to gently simmer until thickened, about 20-25 minutes.
- After the prosecco glaze has thickened, and with about thirty minutes left in the ham cooking time, remove the ham from the oven. Discard the foil, and use a pastry brush to brush the prosecco glaze all over the exterior of the ham. Use about 1/3 of the glaze this time. Return the glazed ham, uncovered, to the oven.
- After the ham has cooked for fifteen minutes, remove from the oven and repeat the glazing pro-cess. Cook the ham for another fifteen minutes, then remove the ham from the oven for a final time. Coat one last time in the glaze, but save a bit of glaze to drizzle on the ham slices. Serve hot, and enjoy!