- 20 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 1 loaf
Soft, chewy bites of pumpkin bread with all of the seasonal spices pairs perfectly with a hot cup of apple cider. The creamy glaze is a nice touch on top, but can be omitted if desired.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Don't over mix as this will cause the bread to be tough.
- Grease a bread loaf ban heavily and pour the mixture in.
- Bake at 325 for 55-60 minutes.
- Prick with a toothpick until it comes out clean to test.
- While bread is cooling, mix together the powdered sugar, water, cinnamon, and vanilla until the mixture is smooth. Add additional water, small amounts at a time, as needed.