- 20 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 16 to 18
Enjoy your favorite chocolate brownies with an added Thanksgiving twist- pumpkin! This is a moist and tasty dessert.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine well. Add the chocolate chips and walnuts, mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, the cinnamon, and the nutmeg. Transfer half of the pumpkin puree to the chocolate batter and mix well.
- Place 3/4 of the chocolate/pumpkin mixture in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Spoon the remaining pumpkin puree over the mixture in the pan, followed by the remaining chocolate batter on top of that. Use a spoon to swirl the pumpkin and the chocolate together.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.