- 5 Hours
- 40 Minutes
- Makes 8 Servings.
Use your favorite pressure cooker to whip up this creamy pumpkin cheesecake dessert. Top the cheesecake with whipped cream, serve & enjoy!
- In a bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers, ground pecans, melted butter, and the 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
- Lightly grease or spray a 7-inch springform pan & press the graham cracker mixture into the pan, going up the sides at least halfway.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In the bowl of stand mixture, place the cream cheese and sugar & beat until well combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the canned pumpkin, cream, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cornstarch, and the eggs. Beat until well-mixed and creamy.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer and pour the batter into the crust.
- Using a 6-quart Instant Pot (or pressure cooker), add approximately 1 1/2 cups of water and place the trivet in the pot. Cover the springform pan with aluminum foil and carefully place the pan in the instant pot on top of the trivet.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and using high pressure, cook for approximately 40 minutes.
- Using the natural release for about 20 minutes, be very careful opening the lid. Using the handles on your trivet, carefully remove the cheesecake. Remove the foil and check to see if the cheesecake is done -- it should NOT be too jiggly in the middle.
- Allow to cool at room temperature and then over & refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Prior to serving, make whipped cream - in a bowl, mix the cream, 4 tablespoons of sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff. Spread over the cheesecake.
- Mix together the sugar & cinnamon, then sprinkle over the whipped cream topping. Enjoy!