- 2 1/2 hours
- 15 minutes
- 20-24 rolls
Get festive with these pumpkin dinner rolls topped with pecan halves and served with honey butter for a side that all of your guests will adore.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the lukewarm water and dissolve the yeast, let stand for 5 minutes. Add the warm milk, eggs, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup and combine.
- Use a dough hook attachment, add the butter, salt and incorporate the flour in gradually. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl occasionally. This will be a relatively sticky dough. Beat the dough until it starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl and is smooth.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes until it is smooth. Shape into a round and place back into the greased mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and a clean kitchen towel. Place in a warm area of the kitchen to rise, about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and turn out onto a lightly floured work surface. Cut the dough into half. Then cut each half into about 10 pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a round, then flatten with the palm of your hand. Use a sharp knife to cut 8 cuts on the edges, leaving the center uncut. Poke a hole in the center of each piece with a small finger, leaving a deep indentation. Repeat with each dough round. Place them on half sheet pans lined with parchment paper. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise for about 45 minutes, or until doubled.
- Gently brush with egg wash and bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 12-15 minutes, depending on how large your dinner rolls are. Remove from the oven and place pecan halves into the holes in the center of each roll. Serve with honey butter and enjoy immediately.