- 30 minutes
- 15 minutes (plus 1 hour freeze time)
- 10-12 ice cream sandwiches
- In a large mixing bowl, using either a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer, cream the butter. Add the brown sugar and sugar and continue to cream the mixture. Scrape the bottom and the sides of the bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and combine. Add the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl again. Combine well and incorporate add the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookies using a tablespoon onto a half sheet pan, lined with parchment paper. Shape them gently into rounds. Place the sheet pan into the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Place the cookies evenly on a parchment lined half sheet pan. (3 cookies per row, 4 rows) Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on how large you make your cookies. Let cool completely on a baking rack.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ice cream and pumpkin butter with a rubber spatula or large spoon. Place the bowl into the freezer to set while your cookies cool, about 20-30 minutes.
- Once your cookies are completely cool, scoop ice cream onto a bottom cookie and press together with a second cookie. Place the prepared cookie sandwiches onto a parchment lined half sheet pan and return to the freezer to set, about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Enjoy immediately or place in baggies to enjoy later.