- 25 minutes
- 1 hour
- 6 servings
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Mix the flour and 1/8 teaspoon sea salt in a mixing bowl.
- Mix ¼ cup of brown rice syrup with ¼ cup of oil.
Pour the oil mix into the flour and mix in with a fork to moisten the four.
- Using your hand, form a ball of dough. Do not over mix. If you need to add a touch more oil for the flour you are using, to make the dough hold together, you can mix it in with your hand.
Place the dough between sheets of wax paper or parchment and roll out crust.
- Place the crust into a pie plate and prick the bottom with a fork. Flute the edges if you wish.
- Place the remaining oil, ½ cup maple syrup, pumpkin puree, tofu, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla and teaspoon of sea salt into a blender and blend well.
Pour the pumpkin batter into the pie shell and bake for 1 hour. You may wish to wrap the edges in foil for 30 minutes to avoid burning them.
Cool the pie before serving.
- To make the candied nuts and seeds, place the nuts and seeds into a fry pan over medium heat with the additional pinch of sea salt.
Stir continuously until seeds begin to fill out or start to pop.
Pour in the last ¼ cup of maple syrup. It will immediately boil. Stir and let it cook for a few minutes to thicken, then place a single layer of the nut and seed mixture onto wax or parchment paper to cool.
- Break the brittle into pieces and serve with the pie. Alternatively you can pour the candied seeds and nuts over the top of the pie as it cools.