- 2 hours
- 15 minutes
- Makes 10 slices
Pretty and delicious - a sweet treat with a hint of autumn. Looks hard to make, but it isn' t!
- Grease a large cookie sheet, then cut a sheet of parchment paper to cover the entire bottom and sides of the cookie sheet. Grease the parchment paper (we don't want the dough to stick).
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and white sugar, then add the pureed pumpkin, the eggs, and the oil and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter onto the greased parchment paper.
- Spread the batter from edge to edge.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for approximately 12 to 15 minutes or until the cake is lightly browned and the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Check on it regularly as it bakes.)
- Place a clean tea towel on the counter and sprinkle it with powdered sugar.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes, then turn it onto the tea towel. Quickly roll the cake up in the tea towel (you want to do this while the cake is still warm, or it will crack.) Let it cool for about 20 minutes while wrapped in the tea towel.
- While the cake cools, prepare the filling. In a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla and mix together until it reaches the consistency of thick frosting.
- Unroll the towel and the cake and spread the filling all over the cake.
- Roll up the cake again (this time NOT in the tea towel).
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until youâre ready to serve it (refrigerate at least an hour).
- When youâre ready to serve the cake, trim the ends to make it pretty.
- Cut the cake into approximately 1-inch slices. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!